Discussion Board

Borland C++ BuilderX Problem

Hi All,

Recently, I downloaded the Borland C++ BuilderX 1.5 free from www.borland.com. But I encounter a problem while doing the debug.

While compile and make, everything looks OK. When I doing the RUN | RUN Project (F9), the emulator start correctly, but the application that I created doesn't appear in the emulator.

Does anyone know if there's any setting wrong might cause this problem, and how to correct it.

Thanks a lot!

Regular Contributor
    Check your MMP file.
    Problem with your MMP file.

Check your application name and target path.

Rama

Hi Rama,

Thanks for your reply! I have checked the mmp file but can't find any error.The part that you mentioned as below, could you tell me what might be the problem? Thanks! (by the way, the file is the example of the book - Developing Series 60 Applications, by EMCC software)

TARGET HelloWorld.app
    TARGETTYPE app
    UID 0x100039CE 0x101FDA4D
    TARGETPATH \system\apps\HelloWorld

Super Contributor
    I don't have C++ Builder installed, so just wild guess. Isn't it possible that your are building the application for example for UDEB and run UREL emulator?

Super Contributor
    Hi,

mmp or something other with paths can be wrong, there is too many possibilities... But what MUST work if you installed BuilderX properly is creating and running new project, so try File->New->New Series 60 Project. Build it and run it - remember that for running in debug mode you had to download microsoft debugger cdb.exe, without it you must run the app by clicking F9.
    Bye
    STeN

Risking, that this post is a bit late:

Depending on which SDK you are using, you have to have the Microsoft Symbian toolchain installed. That sounds weird, because you are using Borland C++ Builder X, but the dependency on the Microsoft Tools (nmake) lies somewhere in the symbian sdk. If you have the full version of Borland C++ Builder X installed, the installation wizard offered to install the .Net-SDK. This SDK comes with a set of Microsoft tools, which should solve your problem - although i tried it and never got it working.

So, there are 3 ways to solve your problem:

- Get Visual Studio 6 (contains everything you need)
    - Get .net SDK (this is what the Manual of Borland C++ Builder recommends...for my case, it did´t work)
    - Get a Borland-only - version of the symbian SDK (i heard, that something like this should exist - although i didn´t find it on the Websites of Borland or Nokia)

I hope these comments are valuable for you,

Kind regards,

Hendrik Bock