Discussion Board

Thread: Python

Python

I would like to know if the much waited ability for smartphones to have python scripts will be happening or had the idea been dropped.

If it is happening I would like also to know if it will be a hardware implementation (that is, we need to wait before buying a new phone) or will it be a software implementation, and any phone of the series 60 will be able to use python after downloading something.

In other words, should the end user, who is VERY interested in programming his smartphone in python (me) buy a series 60 phone which will (at a later time) be python enabled, or should he (or me) wait until such phone is available.

Many thanks,
    Pietro

Nokia Developer Champion
    It is happening. For now Python is available for Series 60 based devices on Forum Nokia PRO: https://pro.forum.nokia.com/

Thanks.

Thanks. My understanding from your answer is that I can buy a series 60 phone right now and eventually when the time will be ripe I will be able to use python with it. Since I am not a "leader in the field of mobile application development" I will not apply for the pro.forum but just sheepishly wait.

Best of all,
    Pietro