Discussion Board

Porting application from Catalina to Charlie

Hi,

Is there any specific procedure or way of porting an application which works well on catalina Series60 but the UI messes up in case of compilation forCharlie.

What would be the necessary changes required to do this porting.

Your help comments are greatly apprecated.

BR

Nokia Developer Moderator
    hmmm, people might know better if you would stick on using public model numbers for the phones..

yucca

Question again

Sorry about that,

Well actually i ned to move the application from Series60 SDK on Nokia6600 to Series60SDk of Nokia6630. I hope that would help better.

It works fine on the 6600 but on the 6630 the UI messes up what could be the reason, i have compiled the RSS files again and made sure they build again.

Thank you for the reply though.

Regards

Nokia Developer Moderator
    did you build the 6630 version with right SDK, might help. The 6600 is OS 7.0s phone and 6630 is OS 8.0a phone, so there is plenty of differences between them.

Also the 6630 is stilll a prototype and dunno how good the SW is on it. Anyway, what you mean by "messes up the UI" ?

What is the behaviuor observed there ?

yucca

Compiles well but execution problem

Hi Yucca,

Yes i did compile it on the 6630 SDk and it compiles well but while execution the icons for the UI are not related to the corresponding text, such as qtn_options_ok and text_softkey I guess these belong to the system, show up as the same(qtn_options etc) rather than there corresponding texts.

I think it is concerned with some library to have been changed but have no idea which one these belong to. I guess i could use my own text strings but it would really help if it would work without the change.

Thank you very much with the help though it is greatly appreciated.

Regards