Discussion Board

PCsuite non-installation

I had installed pcsuite 5.8 for a 6230 phone on windows ME (yep I know, thats old). After some minor problems I have to reinstall PCsuite. No way pcsuite tells me, I'm already there.
    I've done a software uninstall, A nokia registry cleane (2). A registry cleanup with Jouni Vuorio and last but not least cleaned out any reference to the words Nokia and Pcsuite in the register by hand (Hundreds!) and all files and directories on every disk with these words. No Luck !!
    The error persist (another version of.......)
    I haven't got a clou left over.
    Is there anyone who can tel me either:
    What this installer looks at to decide that it's already there;
    or
    A way to force this installer to cooperate;
    or
    any other workable solution to get pcsuite working.

Any help is appreciated

dirk de Jager

Super Contributor
    If you're careful using the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe or regedt32.exe), find and delete the following keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EB489F13-5AA1-450D-8E8E-44D6B55A5574}

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{EB489F13-5AA1-450D-8E8E-44D6B55A5574}

Then try the installation again and post also a reply if it worked.

keys

I have already deleted these, (odd enough I even remember deleting them, among the hundreds) It doesn't help. Although it seemed the error started to come later after this very intensive cleanup of the registry.
    Well I am still in the market for more suggestions