Discussion Board

6230 MP3 problem

I like my 6230, but I've just noticed a serious problem! I bought a 256 MB MMC for my favorite songs. The problem is that the music player cannot t detect the music files in my MMC! Although the manual says it can be added to the playlist, there's no explanation! I can play my MP3s one by one, and that's BAD!

Can anyone help me on this?

I've just done the same thing.

Firstly, it seems that the you can play all the tracks in your playlist by having them all in the top level, i.e. not buried in a folder. not good.

Second, don't play them via the Gallery, but using Menu / Media / Music / etc. Select a starting track and the rest shoudl follow.

It's certainly not the best MP3 player I've found!

RA.

Regular Contributor
    the problem with your MMC card not detecting your mp3 songs could also be due to the company of MMC card you currently have, as well as the firmware version of your phone.

Certain MMC cards have compatibility issues with the 6230, while others do not.

Hope this helps!

Playlists, dude, playlists

Use MobiMB to create playlists, then transfer them into your phone with the mp3. Such utility is somewhere in PC Suite, but a bit clumsy to get along with. You gotta have playlists to play multiple mp3s from your mmc (also from sub folders).

Regular Contributor
    yeah, haven't gotten around to tackling the playlist feature yet. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime soon!

Re: Playlists, dude, playlists

Originally posted by breadfan0
    Use MobiMB to create playlists, then transfer them into your phone with the mp3. Such utility is somewhere in PC Suite, but a bit clumsy to get along with. You gotta have playlists to play multiple mp3s from your mmc (also from sub folders).
    I've seen a limit of 99 songs for the 6230 mentioned elsewhere - does using playlists get around this limitation? ie. is it 99 songs per folder?

Thanks,
    Pat

Super Contributor
    Use Nokia PC Suite and create playing lists in that program. If your phone doesn´t detects the songs it can also be that you have transferred a folder with music to the MMC card. You have to put the songs directly under the root, otherwise phone will not find them.

I've created playlists using both MobiMB and the PC Suite app and the phone just says "Invalid track list"

Any ideas?