Discussion Board

Super Contributor

builderX - ARMIB

hi,

I found that Borland builderX is now free, so i installed it. Because I use MSVC 6.0 I follow the steps for installing without using .Net SDK. Everything is ok. Now BuilderX is using microsoft toolchain include cdb debugger. It didnt bring any benefit to me - I need builderX JUST FOR ON-TARGET DEBUGGING,but in Nokia materials there is written that ARMIB build must be done. Ok, why not, but my SDK 1.2 dont support such build. So the questuion is must I download special Borland ARMIB build supported SDK? I found that some SDK is part of Borland C++ Modile Nokia Edition, which is as I think a plug-in into standard Biorland C++ Builder.

Thx
    SteN

Nokia Developer Moderator
    you can use just normal ARMI, I have used it and it works splendidly (in the times that it works at all)

yucca

Super Contributor
    hi,

thx for answer, I'll try normal ARMI UDEB. What do you mean by "in the times that it works at all"? Is it unstable?

1) do you debug via Bluetooth or infrared?
    2) did you test debgging using command line debugging via gdb, not using BuidlerX IDE via infrared/bluetooth?
    3) is debugging in Metrowerks CW better?

Thnx
    STeN

Nokia Developer Moderator
    So times it is hard to get working, and sometimes it works just fine. Anyway, with most of the times I would have needed it, it has been really no-use (such as FEP development), anyway, when doing normal apps it can be really excellent tool to have.

1.I'm using BT, even bought the 3Com 3CREB96B to make sure I'll get it working with minimal eford.

2, no didn't use any other method.

3. Only have personal edition, so can't tell. Basically having the borland, only for the target debugging, would lose it if I could do with metrowerks.

yucca

On-Target Debugging

since metrowerk has published the new version of the CodeWarrior for Symbian OS, you can download a 15day-trail of the professional version:

see: http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-721,00.html

As well known, on-target debugging is only possible with professional version, so, let's hope it works already with demo version....

fred.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

after installing gdbstub.sis i tried to modify .INI file to communicate over infra red. As I understand this is proper configuration file for infra red. Onlyu change to be made is port number which is used on device for communitaction, i tried 0,1 and 2, but gdbstub.exe fails every time with "Main GDBSTUNB 0" error. Is it really incompatible with SX1? tried anyone debugging on SX1? or i must buy Nokia 3650??

[COMMSERV]
    PDD=EUART%d
    LDD=ECOMM
    CSY=IRCOMM
    PORT=0
    RATE=115200

Thx
    STeN