Discussion Board

Audio capture crashes 6600

I´m troubled by the following bug on the 6600. My J2ME program does some simple audio capturing of short pcm sequences with a duration of 3 seconds by creating a player and getting a recordcontrol (as seen in many examples before). The recording is written to a stream. After each recording all MMAPI elements are closed and nulled properly. This code is placed in a loop and works for ca. 150 repeats until there is no more heap memory left. A decrease in the recording duration increases the achievable loop count. It seems, that all the recorded stuff still remains in the memory. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Thanks

Re: Audio capture crashes 6600

Hi everybody,
    I'm having the same problem. When recording audio, after some time, the app crashes with outofmemory. Running on Nokia 7610, I also get the same error....
    All of MMAPI objects are been closed and nulled properly.

Any help would be appreciated very much.

Hello,

I posted a work-around solution here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...l=1#post755179

Nokia Developer Moderator

you know that the original thread is 6 years old, and the latest reply 5 years old, so they propably got the solution already, or quit the project..