Discussion Board

Hybrid View

DVB-H streaming with Nokia 7700 and 7710

We are currently setting up a DVB-H streaming environment, which brings some questions on the table:

We have everything in place up to IP level (IP4 and IP6 over DVB-H).

What streaming format use Nokia's 77xx. I have read 3gp, is this correct ? Can I use a standard (Apple, or similar) streaming server and pass 3gp via IP multicast to the streamer ? What is the maximum data rate available for streaming, we have encoded some clips using Quicktime Pro, which has a limit of 192 kbps to convert to 3gp.

Is there any description about streaming with Nokia available ?

Thanks in advance,

According to Nokia specs, the 7710 will support H263, MPEG4 and Real formats. I don't know the maximum speed allowed but considering that the terminal has a 640-320 display a data rate in the range of 128 to 384 kbps would be perfectly ok.

Could you tell me which equipment are you using for the DVB-H stream source (Rodhe & Schwarz ?)

thanks

absilva

Thanks for the reply, we use our own IPE, which is compliant with EN 301 192, version 1.4.1 (including time slicing and FEC) and EN 300 468, version 1.6.1 for PSI/SI, with time_slice_fec_id descriptor...

I have read the Nokia Video_and_Streaming document, which also refers to H.263, I expect it requires 3gp and/or 3g2 as streaming format, with embedded H.263 or MP4 video, running over UDP/RTP.

Regards,

Karsten Siebert

Thanks for your reply.

You would have no problems using RTP/UDP and 3gp format over it. This is the configuration for the current streaming services that we provide. The new thing here is the DVB-H layer for which it is necessary to connect the Streamer SU-22 to the Nokia 7710. The 7700 no longer exists.

I was looking for a DVB-H streaming source. Could you help me on this.

Regards.
    Last edited by absilva; 2004-11-08 at 11:06.

What does SU-22 do, is it just the DVB-H receiver part ? There is not really a DVB-H streamer, DVB-H (upper layer) finishes at time slicing/bursting sections (IP packets). The video/IP streaming source can stay the same, correct ?. In Berlin they used the 7700 for DVB-H trials (SU-06 ?).

In case you are interested in a DVB-H IPE box, please contact me offline at karsten@dpi-ag.de.

Thanks,

Karsten Siebert

Re: DVB-H streaming with Nokia 7700 and 7710

Quote Originally Posted by KarstenSie View Post
    What does SU-22 do, is it just the DVB-H receiver part ? There is not really a DVB-H streamer, DVB-H (upper layer) finishes at time slicing/bursting sections (IP packets). The video/IP streaming source can stay the same, correct ?. In Berlin they used the 7700 for DVB-H trials (SU-06 ?).

In case you are interested in a DVB-H IPE box, please contact me offline at karsten@dpi-ag.de.

Thanks,

Karsten Siebert
    I got one doubt, i want to transmit the video file(encoded video) and ESG to dvb-h IPE.how can i transmit simulaniouslly esg data and video file to dvb-h ipe.? plzz nay body help me

Could you please give more information about the environment setup you have to stream DVBH to the mobile phone?

how can we stream from video content to dvb-h IPE

HI,

I got one doubt, i want to transmit the video file(encoded video) and ESG to dvb-h IPE.how can i transmit simulaniouslly esg data and video file to dvb-h ipe.? plzz nay body help me