Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

OfferKeyEvent not working

I can't type anything to my text box.. I have used 'OfferKeyEvent' but it is not responding to my keystrokes.. Is there any role for 'MCoeControlObserver' to listen keystrokes? Please help..

Regular Contributor
    Your control is on some view? First, you have to enable keyboard events for your view by calling CEikAppUi::AddToStackL, putting your view to the control stack. Secondly, you have to route the keyboard events to your text editor object:

CMyView::OfferKeyEventL(...)
    return iMyEditor->OfferKeyEventL(...)

If you have many controls on the same view, you have to code how focus is shifted to/from controls and know which is the control that has focus. Offer the key events to that control.

Regular Contributor
    But i have implemented those but still fails to listen key strokes.. I am working in UIQ using codewarrior..... Can u please jus send me a sample code...

Super Contributor
    Isn't it possible the you use some flags (when creating the editor) which prevents input capabilities of the control (like some read only, no input, etc..) Could you tell us how exactly are you constructing the control?

Regular Contributor

Combo Box

I have get rid of key problem.... Now my problem is i cannot list in to combobox.. How can i add lists in to combo box..
    Please Help