Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

list box example

Hi,
    I am trying to run the list box example that comes with SDK1.2, I created the VC6 workspace by using abld makefile VC6 command when I opened the workspace and run the program the following errors appeared. How can I run it correctly?:
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistsettingview.cpp(11): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistsettingcontainer.cpp(12): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistsettingcontainer.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistsetpageview.cpp(11): Could not find the file AknExList.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistsetpage.cpp(10): Could not find the file AknExList.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistmarkview.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistmarkcontainer.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistmarkcontainer.cpp(14): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistformview.cpp(11): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistformcontainer.cpp(12): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistformcontainer.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistflagtestview.cpp(11): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistflagtestcontainer.cpp(12): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistflagtestcontainer.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistcolumnview.cpp(12): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistcolumncontainer.cpp(13): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistcolumncontainer.cpp(14): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistbaseview.cpp(14): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistbasecontainer.cpp(14): Could not find the file aknexlist.rsg.
    C:\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\SRC\Aknexlistbasecontainer.cpp(15): Could not find the file aknexlist.mbg.
    Building resources from Aknexlist_caption.rss
    perl -S epocrc.pl -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN
    \6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\INC" -I- -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\INCLUDE" -DLANGUAGE_SC -u "..\..\..\..\..\..\.
    .\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.RSS" -o"\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\Z\SYSTEM\APPS\AKNEXLIST\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.rSC" -h"..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\
    SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.rs~" -t"\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST\WINS\UDEB"
    1 file(s) copied.
    echo this is a dummy output file > "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\Z\SYSTEM\APPS\AKNEXLIST\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.rSC.dummy"
    call "MayRewriteHdr.bat"
    diff: ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\INCLUDE\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.RSG: No such file or directory
    1 file(s) copied.
    del "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST_CAPTION.rs~"
    Building resources from Aknexlist.rss
    perl -S epocrc.pl -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN
    \6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\INC" -I- -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP" -I "..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\INCLUDE" -DLANGUAGE_SC -u "..\..\..\..\..\..\.
    .\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST.RSS" -o"\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\Z\SYSTEM\APPS\AKNEXLIST\AKNEXLIST.rSC" -h"..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTB
    OX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST.rs~" -t"\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\SERIES60EX\LISTBOX\GROUP\AKNEXLIST\WINS\UDEB"
    :19: aknexlist.mbg: No such file or directory
    * cpp failed
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'perl' : return code '0x21'
    Stop.
    Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

AKNEXLIST.APP - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Super Contributor
    Hi,
    what is missing is aknexlist.mbg file, which cannot be created from MSVC IDE. Build the example from command line - this should create .mbm and .mbg files.
    Bye
    STeN