Discussion Board

Nokia 6230 handset memory

I have recently got a 6230 and have many picture files, music files and video files saved on the handset memory , I then tried to receive an mp3 file from a friend via bluetooth and the transfer failed , due to memory. So with this I began to move all the files on the handset memory to the memory card, after completing this process I updated the memory to see that I had not gained any more space back on the phone, this was quite worrying as the size of the handset memory has now reduced to 3.9mb out of that I have 2.3mb free and 1.6mb used, comparing this to my friends handset he has 8mb of handset memory ? its as if the handset memory is corrupted .can anybody help me on this problem.

Please bring your Nokia 6230 to a service partner he will update / check your sw-version. might solving the problem. but with a sw-update you will loose all data at the mobile-phone.please save everything via pc-suite.

Regular Contributor
    I think depending on the firmware versions of your 6230 the handset memory is either decreased or increased. I've heard of some firmware versions that have 8 MB handset memory while others have 6 MB. Also heard that some versions of firmwares just read the memory space wrong.

Hope that helps. sorry i can't provide more specific information.