Discussion Board

transfer size limitations

my operator limits the file I can send from my webserver 2 250 Kb. how can I split 1 big file (2 mbytes) into smaller 250 Kb parts which will b combined when they all will get to the phone?

I think I will have 2 use those* mime types 2 send the parts automaticly- how 2 use this mime types? I couldn't find the specification 4 those types anywhere- can any1 show it 2 me?

don't suggest me 2 stream that file! I want it saved on my phone in order 2 play it immediatly when I want it, even where there is no celular coverage.

application/vnd.wap.multipart.mixed
    application/vnd.wap.multipart.alternative
    application/vnd.wap.multipart.related

10x in advance, John.
    Last edited by quizer; 2004-11-12 at 09:50.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Those MIME types are related to different kind of MMS messages.

Operator can limit the file size in their GW, but you can use access point that passes the GW, there shouldn't be any fixed file size limit. You should contact your operator to find out what are the settings for that. Quite often it's the same one that is used for streaming.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

can I send MMS larger than 250 Kbytes?

can I split then MMS files in order 2 make them combine 2gether on my phone automaticly?
    so I'll b able 2 send (over the air) video which is larger than 250 Kbytes 2 my phone's memory?
    10x in advance, John.

Super Contributor

Re: can I send MMS larger than 250 Kbytes?

Originally posted by quizer
    can I split then MMS files in order 2 make them combine 2gether on my phone automaticly?
    so I'll b able 2 send (over the air) video which is larger than 250 Kbytes 2 my phone's memory?
    10x in advance, John.
    There are phones that support up to 300 kB MMS message sending, like Nokia 6630, but also your service provider has to support sending of 300 kB messages. In that sense you can send larger than 250 kB MMS messages.

To your other question: you cannot send MMS message in two parts. There's no option that allows you to split the message.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia