Discussion Board

Where are images inserted in .jar archive?

Hello everyone.
    My answer is:
    if a midlet uses some images, in which folder these images have to be inserted?
    The presence of these images must be written in the MANIFEST.MF?
    Once the .jar archive is created and installed on my Nokia 6600, where are the images located?
    I tryed to do this, but after installing the archive i can't find the images on the phone.
    Is there a way to browse the phone "file system" or a little part of it ( only the folder where are stored the images )?

I thanks you a lot.

Super Contributor
    if a midlet uses some images, in which folder these images have to be inserted?
    Wherever you want. To keep the jar as slim as possible, it's best to just place them in it's root directory. You just have to make sure that when you load the images you use the path to where you stored them (ie, for the root directory it would be "/myimage.png").
    No.
    They stay in the jar.
    Is there a way to browse the phone "file system" or a little part of it ( only the folder where are stored the images )?
    There are file manager apps for Symbian that you can install on the phone so that you can browse it's directories. But like I said, the images from the MIDlet stay in the jar file.

shmoove