Discussion Board

Thread: Camera Phones

Camera Phones

Hi,

Where can I find information (in detail) about the configurations like resolution, bit-per-pixel, image size of the picture taken etc... of the camera based mobile phones ?

I need to know these details for all the upcoming phones. I guess Nokia is planning to release more than 40 camera based phones by 2005.

Can anyone help ?

Regards,
    Arijit

Nokia Developer Champion
    There is no such single list for all phones made, and even less for phones not yet made/released.

For announced Nokia phones, start looking here (look in the feature lists):
    http://www.nokia.com/phones

Problem is that the power and resolution of upcoming phones are required for me to decide on suitability of Applications and Games that I am planning to develop.

Hence, need to know what can be expected from the upcoming phones.

Regards,
    Arijit

Nokia Developer Champion
    You will not be able to get actual facts/details of unannounced phones until they have been announced.

All you can do is to assume that things will, indeed, improve.

If you want more than that, then talk to the analysts (IDC, Canalys, Ovum, Forrester, Gartner, Nomura, etc.) for their guesses as to device evolution. Their guesses can be quantified, but in general your own guesstimates are probably close enough, too.

In any case, you should probably attempt to write your software so that details like that doesn't matter (in order to be able to take advantage of the widest range of devices).