Discussion Board

Thread: modem use 6210

modem use 6210

I have problems connecting my 6210 as a modem to my laptop via i.r.
    The phone is recognised en communication takes place. I can exchange phonenumbers etc. Only not in modem use, I can't use the internet via the 6210. t.i.a.

RE: modem use 6210

Hi,

Have your resolve that problem? I have the same problems with my new OS (XP). With the W2K the PC suite functioned Okay.

Dudi

RE: modem use 6210

Hello!
    These sounds like a problem with Win2000 and XP. There is a problem mapping Virtual Infrared Communications Port in the OS. Ref http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q252795
    Make sure you find the Ir Comm setup files somewhere at Support.microsoft.com and install them then you install the Q252795 hotfix. Then install you modem and PC Suite again.This is the sulution for both W2K and XP.
    Still doesn't work? Check your IR bios/setup settings. Should be SIR or IrDa. FIR ( Fast Infrared )or OS Controlled might not work.
    There might altso be a problem for the modem with the Nokia Connection Manager(NCL). NCL identifies the phone for use with PC Suite and might block you Com port for use as a modem.
    In W2K and XP press CTRL+ALT+DEL and choose task manager. End the process NclConf.exe and try connecting again.