Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

PP Development without Websphere

Hello,

how can i develop Java PP Apps with buying the expensive Webshere IDE? Where can i download the PP .JAR files? Has someone find a way to deploy PP Apps using a Ant script?

Regards,
    Sebastian

Developing PE apps

I also was disappointed that only WebSphere is supported as development environment. But then I just tried and created a very normal application using Eclipse (generation 1.3 code), moved the jar to the 9500 using bluetooth and it worked out of the box. No need for Websphere. If you want to support the special features of Symbian (the keys on the right of the display etc.), you need some additional classes. They all come with the SDK.

Andreas

I meant PP, not PE

...but only noticed the typo after pressing the submit button.

Andreas

Regular Contributor
    Where did you found the Java PP APIs ? And where have you read how the Manifest-File must look?

Regards,
    Sebastian
    corpris.com - j2me mobile applications

I found all that I neede in the SDK - not a description, but when you look at one of the examples that you can install on the 9500, you see how the manifest is built - so I just added one with the same attributes and it worked.

APIs: Did not really look into 9500-specific APIs yet. As long as possible, I prefer to write Java code that runs on different platforms.

Andreas

Command line development works

I am using command line approach with jsdk 1.4.1 and it works fine so far, excepting some bugs in 9500 java implementation.