Discussion Board

How can I control nokia mobilephone to send SMS?

I want to develop a hard system , it can control a Nokia Mobile to send SMS when some error occur is detected . I will develop this system with a MCU instead of using PC , so i can't use the PC connective sdk of Nokia . Thus i will have to implement a programme in my system to achieve this . Can anyone tell me the control specification of Nokia Mobile and how to control it to send SMS ?

RE: How can I control nokia mobilephone to send SMS?

Hi,
    I'm also trying to do the same thing, I'm affraid I have no answer for you but sharing my thoughts could probably help you in some way...
    Apparently when configured as such, the Nokia Phone card can work as stand alone typical AT command modem (I saw this on the Card Phone Communication specs), if so, you could use this Phone card like a typical external modem trough Hayes commands, for the case of cell phones I assume (but looking for confirmation from somebody in this forum) you could also do the same the only remaining issue being how do you "activate" the AT command functionality or "unlock" this feature, if I don't get any answer soon, I'll do one of the following actions:
    1) Use somebody else's cell phone for my application (I already know of one that can be easily configured as such but because of cenvenience I'm trying first with Nokia).
    2) Eaves-drop on on the comm port using a rigged Serial cable and a second PC displaying the COM port traffic in Hyperterminal or a similar COM port program, you could easily do this if you don't mind spending a few bucks on a extra serial cable.