Discussion Board

HELP!!!- 3200 Phone Restricted

Hi to all of you.........
    This is the second time that it has happened to me. I own a nokia 3200 phone. I have a Hutch postpaid connection. The phone hung up without showing me any access to menu. I turned it off and on again. It still showed me the wallpaper after bootup and there was no menu or operator login. Checked with hutch and they told me that they never blocked my sim. I thought that it might be due to less memory on my phone... so plugged in my DKU-5 cable to remove some of the applications, wallpapers and ringtones to build up more space. Then the phone showed on the display.."phone restricted.. unlock". tried my phone's security code but did not work. tried twice and turned off my phone as i was not sure of the code and did not want it to be blocked permanently.

This happened previously and i had to had the software reset. Is there a bug in the software? I have a purchased phone with a bill and an insurance cover on the theft. I have no idea as to what is going on. I there someone who may help? I have tried to look up other forums and found a few people with the same story. This is really bugging.

Anybody kind to offer Help

Hey Guys I have been waiting for Long Now. I still have not received any answers.....

i dont know the answer to ur question but can u help me hoe do i turn on the flash light?

Sure this is the answer

I did go ahead and had my phone repaired at nokia care centre.
    as far as your answer is concerned, one cannot use the flash light for taking pictures in nokia 3200. in case you want a flash light camera, you need to use an attatchment in which the camera is an optional item.

the flash light is a torch light; operates by holding down the * for about 3 seconds and when turning off the same procedure is followed. no other program or application should be open on the screen including the keypad guard/ lock.

qu4nm1n9

Re: Sure this is the answer

Originally posted by ajit2win
    I did go ahead and had my phone repaired at nokia care centre.
    as far as your answer is concerned, one cannot use the flash light for taking pictures in nokia 3200. in case you want a flash light camera, you need to use an attatchment in which the camera is an optional item.

the flash light is a torch light; operates by holding down the * for about 3 seconds and when turning off the same procedure is followed. no other program or application should be open on the screen including the keypad guard/ lock.
    hey ajit2win, which region do you live in? europe or america or asia? cos i want to know whether the servicing is free or you had to pay for in.. then i can prepare myself for the money required..