Discussion Board

The 9500 is a let down

I recently bought a 9500 from expansys.com

And I feel as if it is a wasted opportunity by Nokia. The amount of problems and irritations I have had with the phone are just too much to justify the somewhat long wait we have had for the new communictor. Why the **** did Nokia not do a better job on the new device. Im not going to list the numerous problems I have had and numerous other users have had aswell.

Go to my-symbian.com and browse the series 80 communicator forum to see the problems users are having.

Nokia. Get your act together. If you dont, I hope SE stomp all over you.

As a lightweight 80x24 PuTTy + WLAN + keyboard solution, it's great. Sony don't have anything to compete with that.

Also the VPN capability advertised is deceiving. I expected a IPsec compatible client, able to work with most of the VPN devices out there. What is that policy thing all about ? The advertised VPN client was the main reason I bought the phone in the first place but I am thinking to return it, even if I have to swallow a bitter 20% restocking fee ... I sent an email to the support guys and I haven't received anything yet, I posted a lot of messages to a lot of boards asking for a decent VPN client for this. Nothing ! Dissappointed.

Turbo

I agree with what you have writen, my problem is the following:-

Slow searching of contacts if you have more than 500 (yes I have checked the advanced settings)

Cannot change screensaver on phone module

Crap latch, mine and alot of other peoples has become very very lose.

No voice dialing

No T9

No access to calendar from phone moudule

No Access to voice recorder from phone module

Lack of decent preview of email messages in messaging. Only a few words are shown.

No vibration

Slow response rate when chaging settings via phone module.

Overall the phone feels slow and clunky.

Nokia 9500

I just got a 9500 fom expansys, and i agree with a previous post on some details. It is very slow loading the things you need in a rush such as messaging and its recipient list, this is really aggrevating.

One important point is the CALENDAR, font is large and maximum zoom out is not usefull, in most views you have to scroll down to see the remaining entries.

I had a SE P900, and i changed to N9500 get a keyboard, but i must say, SE support is better, especially SE LIVEUPDATE, and the SE P900 device is by miles fatser and more consistent, but i WOULD NOT CHANGE BACK, i love the N9500 overall, and i am hoping that NOKIA will provide better support for its 9500 . . .

Does anyone know anything about any online update for the device.

Thanks.
    Vini

slow 9500

I can be OK with other features or lack of them. However, speed bothers me a lot, especially slow searching and opening of applications. I had to return my 9500. However, I find there is no alternate to 9500 because of keyboard. I have app 3000 Contacts and 200 Calendar entries. Is anybodys unit fast enough with this size data? Or my unit was bad. I may have rebuy.

Originally posted by imrana
    Turbo

I agree with what you have writen, my problem is the following:-

Slow searching of contacts if you have more than 500 (yes I have checked the advanced settings)

Cannot change screensaver on phone module

Crap latch, mine and alot of other peoples has become very very lose.

No voice dialing

No T9

No access to calendar from phone moudule

No Access to voice recorder from phone module

Lack of decent preview of email messages in messaging. Only a few words are shown.

No vibration

Slow response rate when chaging settings via phone module.

Overall the phone feels slow and clunky.