Discussion Board

Linking Errors: Pls Help....

When I am running my prog .. fallowing are the linking errors I am getting ... pls tell how to get rid of them .. as I donno nethng abt editing ".o" files...
    What could be the possible soln?????

Errors caused tool to abort.

Link Error : Multiply defined section: class TUid CRoadingApplication::AppDllUid(void) const (?AppDllUid@CRoadingApplication@@EBE?AVTUid@@XZ) in

Link Error : files RoadingAppUi.o, ROADINGAPPLICATION.o

Link Error : Multiply defined section: class CApaDocument * CRoadingApplication::CreateDocumentL(void) (?CreateDocumentL@CRoadingApplication@@EAEPAVCApaDocument@@XZ) in

Link Error : Multiply defined section: class CApaApplication * NewApplication(void) (?NewApplication@@YAPAVCApaApplication@@XZ) in

Link Error : Multiply defined section: int E32Dll(enum TDllReason) (?E32Dll@@YAHW4TDllReason@@@Z) in

Link Error : Undefined symbol: 'void CRoadingAppUi::SetEmphasis(class CCoeControl *, int) (?SetEmphasis@CRoadingAppUi@@EAEXPAVCCoeControl@@H@Z)'

Link Error : referenced from 'const CRoadingAppUi::`vftable' (??_7CRoadingAppUi@@6B@)' in ROADINGDOCUMENT.o

Link Error : referenced from '@20@?SetEmphasis@CRoadingAppUi@@EAEXPAVCCoeControl@@H@Z' in ROADINGDOCUMENT.o

Link Error : Undefined symbol: 'void CRoadingAppUi::HandleForegroundEventL(int) (?HandleForegroundEventL@CRoadingAppUi@@EAEXH@Z)'

Link Error : referenced from 'const CRoadingAppUi::`vftable' (??_7CRoadingAppUi@@6B@)' in ROADINGDOCUMENT.o

Link Error : Undefined symbol: 'void CRoadingAppUi::HandleCommandL(int) (?HandleCommandL@CRoadingAppUi@@EAEXH@Z)'

Link Error : Undefined symbol: 'void CRoadingAppUi::ConstructL(void) (?ConstructL@CRoadingAppUi@@UAEXXZ)'

Link Error : Undefined symbol: 'CRoadingAppUi::~CRoadingAppUi(void) (??1CRoadingAppUi@@UAE@XZ)'

Link Error : referenced from 'CRoadingAppUi::~CRoadingAppUi(unsigned int) (??_ECRoadingAppUi@@UAE@I@Z)' in ROADINGDOCUMENT.o

Link Error : referenced from 'CRoadingAppUi::~CRoadingAppUi(unsigned int) (??_ECRoadingAppUi@@UAE@I@Z)' in ROADINGDOCUMENT.o

Link Error : Link failed

Regular Contributor
    I think the errors starting with :
    "Link Error : Multiply defined section: "

Are saying that the function has been defined more than once. That could be because you really have defined it twice in 2 different files, you tried to compile the same file twice, or you are trying to implement a function already implemented in a DLL.

Similairly the errors starting with:

"Link Error : Undefined symbol"

Are saying that it can not find the implementation for a particular function. This can be because you haven't implemented a base class's pure virtual function, or because a LIBRARY is missing from the MMP file.

As an aside, it's much easier to understand what people want when they use complete words. This isn't a SMS forum.

thanx buddy ..

Now I got the things right ... Since I am new to this field was not doing some basic things right .. Now the program doesn't give any linking errors .. I see the icon of my prog in the emulator ( Symbian C++ 60 series) .. but the moment I click on the icon a msg appears
    "Application Closed" ????

Then I made a folder ErrRD in the "C:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20_CW\Epoc32\winscw\c\system\Bootdata" folder then I got the fallowing message

"Program Closed Cone 15"

thanx.
    Last edited by amanjha14; 2004-12-03 at 09:58.