×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    322

    what is the difference ?

    I try to issue a http get request ,
    I just send the URL ("http://212.15...") as a parameter to the IssueHTTPGetL method.
    when I use the code I took from the Http Client Example - it doesnt work.

    when I type the same URL in the device services (and use the same connection ) I can see that the request worked.

    what could be the reason for this ?
    what should I change in order to make this work from the App ?

    Thanks , TE

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22

    SDK2.1

    Try to run this example on SDK 2.1 ....a lot of people are getting this problem with SDK 2.0

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    322

    Thanks , so ...

    Because I do the "build armi urel" in the SDK V2.0 - it fails ?
    if I install the V2.1 it might solve the problem ?

    is the V2.1 suitable for the Nokia 6600 ?

    Regards , TE

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22

    SDK 2.0

    In 6600, 7610 SDK 2.0 is installed. So for satisfaction's sake you can run that program on SDK 2.1 however you will have to find a way to run it on SDK 2.0.

    I am stuck at the same juncture and trying different ways to come out of that and try to run a socket client on SDK 2.0, no sooner I get the solution. I will page you

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    322

    thanks

    I built the app in the SDK V2.1 after copying some missing header files I took from V2.0 , the build armi urel worked and also the creating of the SIS file.
    I downloaded the App to the Nokia 6600 , the download went well ,
    but there is no change , the GET request still doesnt work from the App :-(

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    58

    Same Problem

    Even i m facing the same problem. my program runs very well with the SDK but on the actual device its unable to resolve the dns for the same.

    If anyone is able to find the soln for this pls let me know.

    -- Gaurav.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×