Discussion Board

Nokia 9500 / series80 : Any tools for file mangement and process view?

Hello Developer

Until now I have only used the emulator for development, now I have a Nokia 9500 test device and want to test my application.
    I need some basic tools:

1) The filemanager shows only a subset of the files on the device. So I can not even see if my application is correctly installed, and all files are on the path that I think they are. Is there some more advanced file manager? Is there another possibility to see the files?

2) My Application has a background process. I now want to know it is running at all. Is there some tool to see all processes ?

Regards

Karsten Meier

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello...

1) From filemanager menu/Settings/Show system directory->Yes [and View/Show all files]

2) Maybe you could even write your own test application. I have wroten a one which show all running applications...and obvioulsy there is (where ? :-O) some ready made ones.

Br V

Thank you,
    this answer has enabled me to make more progress.
    There are two oddities left:

1) I still don't see all files one the memory card with the filemanger. My application reads and writes files to "e:\....", from my logfile I can verify that the files are succesful created, but I don't see them with the filemanger.

2) I have iterated over all processes and wrote the names to a file. Most names are like on series60:
    "Calendar[10003a5c]0005::Calendar"
    where "10003a5c" is the processid. But some processes doesn't have the processid attached:
    "WlanServer", "LockObserver", "Telephone" ....
    This doesn' t have direct implications to me, but I wonder if the process model
    on Series80 is different than on Series60.

Regards

Karsten Meier

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi,

>> 1) I still don't see all files one the memory card with the filemanger. My application reads and writes files to "e:\....", from my logfile I can verify that the files are succesful created, but I don't see them with the filemanger.

E: drive is not a 'public' drive, if you want to use MMC please use D: instead. Actually E: is a "ramdrive. For temporary files, like wml-cache. As with ramdrives all data will lost at power down". Yes this is different compared to S60 :-o

>> 2) But some processes doesn't have the processid attached:

I'm not sure but may be they have hided some important processes ???

Br V