Discussion Board

Nokia 9500 VPN client

Hi Everyone !

I have just bought a Nokia 9500 and I am looking for a VPN client able to work with Cisco 3000 VPN Concentrator. It seems that the Nokia VPN client is not what I am looking for because it asks for some policy server etc. I have tried the Movian VPN for Nokia 92XX but the 9500 hangs as soon as I establish a connection. The phone resets itself and it takes a long time to come back but once it's back it resets itself again. If I take the SIM out the phone comes back with several error messages. Does anybody have any info on how to make this phone VPN enabled for a Cisco device ? I need a quick answer because I need to return the phone if I cannot make it work.

TIA
    Harvey

I have the same problem with the 9500. I can`t get it working with a Watchguard Firewall/VPN box.

I thought Nokia uses a VPN standard? I guess they just only want to sell their own VPN gateways and their SSM software.

I can`t create any VPN policy, thus also no VPN Access point because it requires a VPN policy.
    The only thing I can create is a VPN policy server, which does nothing @ the Watchguard FireBox.

Hopefully anyone here @ this forum can help us?

Sinceraly,
    Lars

Super Contributor
    The client will work with Nokia VPN gateways, CheckPoint Firewall-1 and Cisco 3000 (probably other IPsec/L2TP supporting VPN gateways, too, in practice), but unfortunately you can't configure the client to actually access them without a "Nokia Security Service Manager" server to create the configuration files (those that have a Nokia VPN gateway product have it, but otherwise...).

Is it possible to buy/download this software seperately? I don`t want to buy a new firewall, because we`ve bought the Watchguard a year ago.

Edit: I saw on a German website, that the Nokia SSM software only runs on Solaris. Is this true?
    What do you recomment for us to do? We have 4 9500`s and we want to sync our email and calendars thru VPN with our excisting Firewall.

TIA
    Lars
    Last edited by vanaken; 2005-03-15 at 13:19.