Discussion Board

How to format nokia 6230 phone memory. PLEASE HELP

Please i want to know how i can format the nokia 6230 phone memory a transfer was corrupted but now the phone says 2 mb of memmory is used but there is no file or whatever to find
    So i need to know how to format/reset the phone memory (not the mmc memmory) please help

Re: How to format nokia 6230 phone memory. PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Please i want to know how i can format the nokia 6230 phone memory a transfer was corrupted but now the phone says 2 mb of memmory is used but there is no file or whatever to find
    So i need to know how to format/reset the phone memory (not the mmc memmory) please help
    please me the code THANK YOU

HELP ME WITH HOW I CAN GO ABOUT AND FORMAT IT OK OR SEND ME THE CODE FOR THAT THANK YOU AND BYE

Regular Contributor

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
    Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
    Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.

In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

Next time try to search using google first, the above text is from one of the top 10 links from a search for "nokia factory reset code".

S.

for 6230, only *#7780# works.But it doesn't do anything like formatting the phone: it only restore settings to default values.

The files you have aren't affected by it

best regards
    Http_user_agent:
    NokiaN80-1/3.0 (4.0707.0.7)
    Series60/3.0
    Profile/MIDP-2.0
    Configuration/CLDC-1.1