Discussion Board

Thread: Timed out error

Timed out error

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to our server using TCP/IP sockets from nokia3660. It is giving me connection time out (KErrTimedOut) but I am able to access my server from IE on windows and from emulator.
    I am using port 80 and gave timeout limit as 10 minutes(I increased from 1 minute to 10 minutes,as i was getting timed out error for i minute. then also it is giving same error)
    I tried with port 8080 also.

Can anybody help me how to do it. Is it the problem with sockets or with GPRS

I used modified version of sockets example given in SDK 1.2 and using HTTP GET.

I have read most of the posts. but couldn't get clarification

SSS

Regular Contributor

Small help

Hi Sudhakar,

Could u please let me know how could u able to connect to the server from the emulator?Have u given the IP address to the client in the emulator to connect to the server?If so,can u please elaborate on this connectivity between the client and server.Also, a piece of your wroking code here would be much more helpful.

Thanks in Advance,
    Sunil

hi sunil,
    You have to use prnesock.lib to connect to server from emulator in sdk 1.2. u can find prnesock at

http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=209

and include it into your project in mmp file

#if defined(WINS)
    LIBRARY prnesock.lib
    #else
    LIBRARY esock.lib
    #endif

I hope this will help you. if u want any further clarification u can reach me at ss_sudhakar@rediffmail.com

Regards,
    Sudhakar