Discussion Board

Question *** Nokia 6630 512 RD-MMC ***

Hi,

I recently bought the Nokia 6630. No doubt it combines with the richness of all Nokia phones in One.

I purchased a NC 512MB RD-MMC, but the phone doesn't seem to recognise the card!!!

Does the firmware support 512MB cards or is it the problem with the vendor?

Appreciate your help, thanks!

Super Contributor
    The phone supports only so called dual-voltage RS-MMC style cards with 1.8V. Cards that only support 3.3V won't work. There aren't many, if any (besides those from Nokia), dual-voltage cards out yet.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I honestly think this constant change in storage technology makes the end-user suffer & spend more from him/her pockets! Now I have to wait till those dual-voltage 512MB RS-MMC cards are available.

Hi,

Where did you buy it?
    Is it a sim free version?

Thanks
    Eran

Super Contributor

Re: Thanks

I know it´s long time since you posted this but there actually is a company that sells 512 Mb DV-RS-MMC right now. Personally I have a 2GB MMC card in my 3230 and it is working fine -> As long as you create subfolders on the memorycard..........They also have excellent support in their forum if any problems occurs....;-)

Take a look at it her;
    http://www.mobymemory.com/RS_DV_Dual...mory_Cards.asp

Originally posted by ReVan19
    Thank you for your reply.

I honestly think this constant change in storage technology makes the end-user suffer & spend more from him/her pockets! Now I have to wait till those dual-voltage 512MB RS-MMC cards are available.