Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

6230 Problems/issues encountered...

Here's a list of problems/issues so far that I've had with my 6230, and some workarounds. Maybe someone else has had the same or similar problems...

Nokia 6230 v4.43 Cingular Wireless

Sim card gets rejected many times when phone turns on.

Phone turns off and on randomly (guessing this is from the ATP 1 gb mmc card)

Can't allocate more space to the applications folder (still space on handset memory, however only alotted 1.5 mb space for apps)

Can't set folder to install applications to in PC Suite.

Bluetooth sometimes turns off randomly when connected, and only way to turn it back on is by turning off and taking the battery out, then powering on again.

Music player can only play mp3s or aac files directly in the MMC card, not in subfolders.

Max file size allowable for media player to read (i have 1 gb of memory on the MMC, but the player can only read up to the file size of 101 songs).

Handset has problems reading SIM card sometimes...sometimes can't read the whole phonebook (half or more entries missing). Had to power the phone off and on again to see complete phone book.

When playing a 3gp video file in the media player, and when sound is on mute, if you push the red "hang up" button to exit, sound plays for a split second (found this out trying to watch a video in class...scared me with the sound).

Not able to turn off time screen saver.

Cannot set the message alert tone to an audio file within a subfolder of the MMC card (even though it states that it is set, it reverts to the default nokia tone anyways).. Had to move my mp3 file i use for the message alert tone back to the Music folder on the handset.

Can't think of any more issues/problems i've had with the 6230 at the moment under v4.43 firmware. If i think of anything else, i will post it here.

Hope this helps some people, either in their purchase decision, or with current problems/issues.

6230 issues

...many of them aren't caused by the firmware. You must use playlists for the built-in mp3 player to have them played. Check forums for more answers.

Regular Contributor
    yeah...not all have to do with firmware. Just made up a list of things I didn't like with the phone. The subfolder issue being one of them.

Thanks for the reply =)

Bugs

I am having and/or have noticed the same problems with my nokia 6230.

Another precision or symptom, is that when you get in to the SMS inbox and try to open any SMS message (mine was on SIM Card), you find the message blank. When you cancel everything using the Red button, you find an "insert SIM Card" message. It eventually disppears after ~ 10 secs.

But now, as the phone is powered on, the "INSERT SIM CARD" message stays on screen. Guest my phone is VOID and need to go to a Nokia centre.

-------------

If your phone is paired with your pc but not having any activity and want to turn off the bluetooth connection in your phone, it just hangs on the "Disconnect bluetooth devices".

--------------

What a phone ! Hope that Nokia is not trying to catch up with Windows OS.

Regular Contributor
    yeah, i've had the bluetooth issue happen before, where I can't log off it...somewhat annoying.

Haven't had the blank sms messages yet, however. I dont get that many sms messages though, so that could be the case.

oh, i have one more thing to add...sometimes when I change my profile to another one that has a ringtone set to an mp3 in the root directory of the mmc, it doens't actually play the ring tone, but instead plays the nokia theme ringtone.

It's not every time, just sometimes i've found that it doesn't see the ringtone i've selected. Anyone else have this problem?