Discussion Board

Setting .mp3 as ringtones on a 6630.....

Hi all, I've just brought a 6630 and am very happy with it. Its a very good phone.

But I've brought it through Vodafone and they've restricted certain uses with it. One of these being to set an .mp3 file as a ringtone. It gives an error message "Unable to set as tone. File format not supported"

Was just wondering if anyone knew if theres was a way around this? .Wav files are too big and awb files do not sound as good.

I also have a problem with the screensaver. It doesn't display the new sms message icon when I have one. It does the missed calls icon. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Does the 6630 support MP3 to begin with other wise you need a plug-in

Yes it does support .mp3. If you have the 6630 on any other network apart from Vodafone it works fine.

mp3 file

mybey it dons't work because is at a high Bit Rate. I use my mp3 as ringtone at the 128 Bit Rate(128Kbps/44Khz) and they word fine and good on my 6630. Try to get it at this bit rate and see if they work..also on the 6600 it was a similar problem and you could solve it by copy the ringtone on the phone memory.

Hope it helps.