Discussion Board

Question TCP to corporate LAN (for development purposes)

We're developing an app that will eventually be hitting a server on the public internet. But for now we only have a server available internally on our corporate intranet.

Is there a way to connect my 6620 to the LAN? Bluetooth? The USB synch cable?

If there's a doc or an FAQ on this, I've not been able to find it so I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance,
    greg.fenton

Regular Contributor
    Hi greg,

Yeah,u can connect to the intranet either by using Ethernet Plug-in or NT RAS connection.I have worked on connecting to a server using the ethernet plug-in (though on emulator),it is working properly.

U can have a look at the Sockets Example in SDK and reply back if u have any queries.

Cheers,
    Sunil

Sunil,

Thanks for your post! So are you saying that the emulator is the only way to test on our LAN. Is there no way to use a device itself?

Thanks again,
    greg.fenton

Regular Contributor
    Hi greg,

Frankly speaking,i worked on connecting the emulator with the LAN but haven't tested it on the device.I can help u only if u have any queries pertaining to the emulator as i was not sure about the connectivity of device with LAN.

Cheers,
    Sunil

Thanks. I may take you up on that ;-)

My problem is that I have to write a plugin (a DLL) for an existing application and I only have the binary (compiled originally for OS v6)...so I have to test on the device.

I can certainly write some wrapper apps to test on the emulator, but I eventually need to be testing on a device and I don't think I'll get a "public" test server.

This seems to be a fairly basic question, isn't it? I mean, I've been doing this stuff with Palm and CE devices for a few years now.