Discussion Board

Question Simulating Long Key Press event in debugging mode...

I want to see what's happening in the event of Long key press event(holding a key for some time). So i've put a breakpoint in the HandleKeyEventL() function...

But the problem is as soon as I press a button, HandleKeyEventL() function is called.. and I'm not able to simulate any Long Key Press event in the emulator in debugging mode..Is there a way to simulate Long Key Press Event?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
    empeegee

Nokia Developer Moderator
    just check the value of iRepeats of the key event, when it is non-zero you have a button that has been down long time.

yucca

examples

Can u give an example relating to this like how we capture the events

Re: Simulating Long Key Press event in debugging mode...

Could you get how to capture longkey events ? If so can you plz explain me with example ?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator
    take any exampe application really. Just look into the offer key event function from there.

And as you should know each keyevent is made up from three events. Key down-Key event-Key Up events in this order.

So when your button is long time down, you get multiple key events between key down and key up events. and the first event has it's iRepeats set to zero value, and following key events will have non-zero values for it.

yucca

Yes I could see the events in offerkeyevent. But now i need to invoke a method when there is a long key press. Should I not use caputeLongKey here ?
    I'm very new to Symbian ... So not able to figure out how to proceed for the requirement of mine

Thanks

Sorry it should be CaptureLongKey event