Discussion Board

Ringtone playing

Hi Folks,
    The facts: i uploaded to my phone a ringtone with logomanager and send the same ringtone over sms. My phone plays the whole ringtone uploaded by lm and plays about 65 notes from ringtone sent over sms. If i download the two ringtones from phone with mygnokii they are equal.

Is there anybody who can explain to me why phone don't play the whole ringtone sent over sms?

Thx in advance,
    Krisz

sorry for my bad english

RE: Ringtone playing

It actually, is depended on what method you use to transfer tone over SMS. Also, the ring tone must be going over 2 or more SMS. So if you are using some tool to send tone over SMS, the tool must be removing notes, to fit it to one SMS. Hope this helps you.

Regular Contributor

Hei Krisz - good question! Wish I had a good answer for you. Have you tried asking the LogoManager people?

My first guess would have been something lost in the SMS transfer due to 7-bit SMSC or something like that, but if mygnokii (I know *of* this, but am not really familiar with it) allows you to get the ringtone out of the phone memory, and both ringtones are identical, then I don't understand what's going on.

You could give some more information - what phone, what network, etc... that might help.

-paul / ForumNokia

Regular Contributor

Alas - no help. Sorry.

-paul / ForumNokia

Hi,
    Can you tell how to send ringtone using AT Commands,i saw ringtone format,that is very big,full confusion,can you tell clearly,i am new to this topic.
    Thanx in advance
    Naveen.G