Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

unable to view internet thru Emulator

hi,

i am using nokia sdk 2.1(series 60) for codewarrior.i am using external modem for connecting internet.my LAN settings are
    ip address :80.80.80.72
    subnetmask:255.255.255.0 and there is no other setting like default gateway,primary DNS.when i connect to internet ISP allocate ip address,subnet mask,primaryDNS,Alternate DNS.which setting i have to enter in ethernet support configuration.i tried with both LAN address and ISP settings.i am unable to connect to any site.when i type address [url]http://www.sdds.com. It asks connection to server nedded?create connection?when i give yes,it shows connecting via G and it is not showing any error message or anything.it simply comes to same menu bookmark.please help me to configure emulator for internet access.

thanks in advance
    mani

Super Contributor
    Try to search a little bit through this forum. It was discussed many times in last year how to do it. Many people wrote their
    experience, because what works for me may not work for you..:-(

Also you should check this document:

Series_60_DP_Emulator_Configuration_v1_1_en.pdf

can be found here: http://www.forum.nokia.com/main.html

Regular Contributor

Might be ip conflict

hi mani,

even i was getting the same problem a few weeks back.

but i came to know thru the doc that the ip of the emulator and the ip of ur comp thru which u connec to internet shud not b same.

so dont provide the same ip ( the ip that is dynamically assigned to u when u connect to the net by ur isp) in the emulator.

Also uncheck the box :- network in promiscous mode.
    this means that the emulator will use the MAC address of the comp.

Also when u connect to the internet just type "ipconfig -all" at the dos prompt to get the exact settings of the gateway , primary and alternate dns.

--Regards
    -- Gaurav.

Regular Contributor
    hi Gaurav,
    thanks for your reply.i am confused,whether i have to set ethernet adapter setting for emulator with any ip address or my lan ip address with different numbers.
    you have told after connecting to internet type ipconfig -all to get the exact settings of the gateway , primary and alternate dns to set in ethernet adapter setting or not.i am using comm1 for modem and comm2 for mouse.i remove the mouse from comm2 and put it in the ps2 mode.after doing this also i am unable to connect internet.please help me to connect internet.is there any hardware setting to be changed.kindly explain me with ip address example for pc,emulator and with internet.my project is to get data data from bluetooth and transmit to website through GPRS.i am new to this field and i am unable to go ahead.can you explain me to get data from bluetooth
    and transfer to the website

thanks in advance,
    mani

Regular Contributor
    hi mani,

just tell me the details of the type of net connection u r having.
    1) i mean is it via proxy or is a direct line.
    2) do u have a fixed ip or it is dynamically assigned whenever u r connected to the net by ur isp.

these details wud make the ethernet configuration more clear.

there is nothing to do or change with the hardware settings as far as i know.

-- Gaurav.

Regular Contributor
    hi Gaurav
    we have net connection from satyam and i am working in system connected to net.there is no proxy server.Ip address is dynamically assigned by ISP.

IP ADDRESS when connected to net.
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-43-00-00-00
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.177
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.177
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.144.10.50
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

LAN ip address(with out net)
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet
    Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-43-29-0E-DC
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 80.80.80.72
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :

with the above setting can u help me to connect to internet thru emulator.what setting i have to set in ethernet configuration.

Thanks in Advance
    mani

Regular Contributor
    ok,

while configuring the ehternet for emulator u have use the settings - the one available when ur connected to net.

b sure that the ip address that u enter in the ether conf. window is different than the ip of ur machine when u r connected and also it be shud b of the same class and domain.

something like 210.214.243.178. but check whether its free ip or not.

rest all the setting shud b entered exactly the same.
    also uncheck the box

-- Gaurav.

Regular Contributor
    hi Gaurav,
    i tried what you told.
    my ip settings when connected to net this time
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.62
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.62
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.144.10.50
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

my emulator ethernet settings
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.63
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 210.214.243.63
    primary DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.144.10.50
    secondary DNS Servers 202.144.13.50
    after made the setting above i started nokia emulator debug,select services.ethernet is selected default and none in the textbox.i typed http://www.google.com,<a href="http:...google.com</a> .www.wap.google.comand our wap site with diff options like omitting http:// and adding / in last etc.it is asking for connection to server needed create yes or no.i select yes and it is showing connecting via and after sometimes it comes to same starting page (bookmark)with ethernet selected default and none in textbox.whether i have to start any services like nokia wap gateway simulator or any else.how to know the ip 210.214.243.63 is free.it may be allocated to somebody by our ISP.can we use entirely different ip like 210.210.210.10 or 80.80.80.100

thanks in advance,
    mani

Regular Contributor
    firstly always use release version for connectivity and not the debug version. this is wat i had faced.

The default gateway settings in the emulator shud be exactly same as the default gateway settings of ur comp.

and lastly u will have to chk with ur isp regd the free ip. u cant use any ip. the ip shud be in the domain of the isp and of appropriate class. so dont use any ip. ask ur isp for a free ip and then continue.

Regular Contributor
    HI Gaurav,

i want to know how to get free ip address from ISP.is there any other way of connecting internet in emulator thru lan using proxy.i also tried with Release version,but it is same like debug with out response.can you tell me what are setting you are using to connect internet
    ip address details and emulator ethernet settings.

thank in advance,
    mani