Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6630 Hard reset without using *#7370#

Hi,
    I probably need to get my 6630device flashed but I have somehow corrupted it. I cannot get to the stage where I can enter enything from the keys to do a hard reset. Does anybody know if there is a button that I can hold down at startup or something similar that me allow me to do a hard reset???
    Thanks,
    Brian

Re: 6630 Hard reset without using *#7370#

Originally posted by brianpegan
    Hi,
    I probably need to get my 6630device flashed but I have somehow corrupted it. I cannot get to the stage where I can enter enything from the keys to do a hard reset. Does anybody know if there is a button that I can hold down at startup or something similar that me allow me to do a hard reset???
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Hi can u off your phone? Then PRESS and HOLD the "Call Button" + " 3 " + " * " and on your 6630.. This will do a format as well..

Thanks!!!

By any chance would this 'hard reset' remove a network lock on the phone?

Possibly if the phone is basically reformatted then it would lose the network lock, allowing all SIMs to be used?

I hope so!

(...right now i am using my 6630 without a SIM because it is locked to a foreign network, stupid me buying it abroad! Any tips for unlocking it would be greatly appreciated...)

I dont think so. You probably have to get your device flashed or learn the unlock code to be able to do this!!

Super Contributor
    Absolutely. If the phone is operatorlocked you will not take that away by formating the phone.

U need to get the unlock code from operator, or put in a new SW in the device, which a servicepoint probably not going to do if the phone is operatorlocked.

can i format n-gage when it is off????

my n-gage have a problem and i really need to format it.....how can i format it when it is turn off?

my n-gage have a problem and i really need to format it.....how can i format it when it is turn off?

Super Contributor

You can't (except by having it reflashed by a Nokia service/repair center).

Try holding the abc or pencil button while booting it.

Does anybody know how to do a hard reset on an N73? I've tried holding down the pencil button whilst booting, and PRESS and HOLD the "Call Button" + " 3 " + " * " whilst booting. Neither work. My N73 does not currently boot, so I can't use the *#7370# method. I can only get to a screen "Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer."

Thanks.

Start in 'failsafe' mode (doesn't run other programs rather than the necessary)-> Turn the phone off, start with the pencil button pressed. (This is for almost every Nokia Symbian phone)

For formatting when the phone doesn't boot -> (fot 6630, Symbian 7+ support this) -> turn off, press and keep pressing *, 3 and the call (green) button, and press once the power button until it's starts booting. Then keep pressing the other three keys until the screen blinks and Nokia text appears for the second time. You won't see anything until it finishes formatting (it will just stay the nokia logo for a little time more than usually does, not like 6600 wich said "FORMATTING" on the screen...)

Quote Originally Posted by owensul
    I can only get to a screen "Phone start-up failed. Contact the retailer."

Thanks.

I think you have a different kind of problem... what did you do to the phone?

Re: N73 Hard reset

Hello,
    I have a similar problem to owensul. I have a N73 which i've been using for almost 3 months. I never had any problems with it until yesterday nite.
    I finished a phone call and put my phone on the desk. Then, after a few minutes, instead of going into screen saver, the keypad and screen stayed lit. I tried different keys but the phone did not react at all. I disconnected the battery for 1hr and reconnected. Then when i power on, i have to hold the power button down for a few seconds longer than usual, and all i would get is the keypad and screen lit and that's it. I've also tried with the charger and leaving the phone charging for a few hours...but all i would get is keypad/screen lit up. I bought a brand new batttery, no difference at all. I left my phone disconnected for 5 hours and tried again: no change. I tried holding down CALL+3+*: nothing. I tried with the pencil button: nothing.

I dont know what else to do?
    Could someone help please?
    I can also be contacted by email on hotmail.com with user yns5
    Many thanks

yns5

Super Contributor

Re: N73 Hard reset

Hi yns5! Welcome to Nokia Discussion Boards!!

You have already got replies here
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=104970

Please dont make multiple posts in same regard.

Regards
    Gopal