Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

SUN Mobility Studio 6

Is it me or is this really slow? It takes over 50 seconds to boot up and doing anything in it is painful, you press a key and it can sometimes take halfa second to respond. It isn't like I have a slow PC, I have an AMD 3000+ 64 bit system with 512meg of RAM running XP Pro. This is without anything else running in the background.

Also, does anyone know ho to get it to install the 7210 emulator? It seems to see all the other emulators but doesn't seem to want to know the 7210 one.

try new Netbeans 4.0

If you are looking for great j2me support try new netbeans4.0 http://www.netbeans.org with Mobility Pack.

Regular Contributor
    I'll take a look at that. Is it faster then Studio Mobility? And does it support the same functionality. To be honest I only use it for the debugger, I do all my editing and compiling in Codewrite.

Also, can I import the 7210 emulator into it?

more on netbeans4.0

nb4.0 mobility pack is definitely faster than jstudio. But nb4.0 comes with new concept "projects", I bet you will like it., no more need to mount sources and jars, setting compiler types etc.
    Also they have support for device fragmentatio, it means built in preprocesor.
    Regarding to emulators, you can easily mount any UEI compliant emulator but unfortunately 7210 is not. More help how to mount it could be find here: http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/...40.html#nonuei

There is also early access of netbeans 4.1 + mobility pack where they implemented realy unique feature - VisualDesigner for MIDlet GUI. Even it's a bit unpolished yet, it's cool stuuf and worth to play with.

Regular Contributor
    Just got around to installing this.

NetBeans 4 is definitely faster, easier to use and more intuitive than Studio Mobility 6.0.

Suits my debugging needs perfectly.

I’d fully recommend this as part of anyone’s set up.