Discussion Board

terminating IR obex

how can I terminate the IR obex that was activated by user (by clicking IR icon on the menu ) using software, in order for it not to interfere with IRdA I want to activate?

I have tried to activate the IRdA without terminating obex first, but sometimes I get problems with connecting the IRdA this way

please help

p.s.
    I dont want to wait 30 seconds till the obex close itself

Nokia Developer Moderator
    I think it is the system desing, that ones the IR is activated it will wait idle some pre-defined time before swiching it self off.

Is it giving you any specific errors, or is it just merely annoying you in some way ?

yucca

I am getting errors on the device I connect to the phone because it still get a few obex packets after connecting the IRdA

Nokia Developer Moderator
    ok, never tried this, but at least to turn on the IR you could just run the IR application. So I'm quessing that the IR reception is handled by the app as well. So if you try and kill the app (or try first asking it nicely to shut down it self), it could be that it also terminates the IR reception. Dunno really, but something to try with at least.

yucca