Discussion Board

Question can nokia 6600 play mjpeg video??

I'm going to write an application to stream the live mjpeg video frm computer through bluetooth technology.
    However, i got no idea how to start it. does anyone can enlighten me how to do or where can find the relevant details? like wat technology or class i shd use for my app to play the mjpeg video

realone player in nokia 6600 is not support mjpeg one rite??

Thank you for your helps!!

Re: can nokia 6600 play mjpeg video??

1.Java MIDP1.0 indeed does not support jpeg. However, Nokia built in java jvm already support jpeg format because we tested it with 6100 / 7650 / 3650 / 3300

2.Java MIDP2.0 has jpeg support as a built in function. 6600 / 7610 / 6230 / 6630 / 6680 are all MIDP 2.0 phones.

3.Java 2.0 Simulator (WTK2.0/2.2) provided by sun can display jpeg format on the PC.

4.6600 / 7610 / 6230 all can display JPEG

5.Nokia taiwan provided us with a Nokia 6630 (firmware version v2.39.140) to test prior to the release of this model on the market. It was able to display jpeg. However, the released 6630 firmware and the new (firmware version V5.03.08) cannot display jpeg.

6.6680 sold in Taiwan also cannot display jpeg

Is Nokia Java JVM traditional Chinese or Nokia 3G Java JVM not support JPEG
    ? or is there some kind of special setting required in the JAD in order to display jpeg?

yes I beleive the 660 can in fact play MJPEG. We used a 6600 to develop our video software. Our camera is MJPEG and we can see live image using a 6600

I have an N81 8Gb and a ip cam from axis model PTZ 215. I want to stream the realtime video to my mobile phone. Is that possible?

I can see the realtime view with Firefox or with IE(PC version of course), but no with Real Player or in my nokia's browser...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by telmo_sousa View Post
    I have an N81 8Gb and a ip cam from axis model PTZ 215. I want to stream the realtime video to my mobile phone. Is that possible?

I can see the realtime view with Firefox or with IE(PC version of course), but no with Real Player or in my nokia's browser...
    I don't see the connection on your query and the original one, also this thread is rather old, so it would be propably better to open a new thread for the question, anyway as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/