Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Python for Series 60 released on Forum Nokia!

Python for Series 60 1.0 is now available for download on Forum Nokia under the Tools & SDK's section. The Python port has been tested on the Nokia N-Gage, 6600, 7610, and 6630, and platform SDK version 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, and 2nd Edition supporting Feature Pack 2.

Python for Series 60 is available at the following URL: <http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-821,00.html>

If you are installing Python on your Series 60 device, you'll need one of the SIS file packages, like "PythonForSeries60_2ndEd_SIS.zip" or "PythonForSeries60_1stEd_SIS.zip". Use the "1stEd" package for Series 60 Platform 1st Edition devices like the Nokia N-Gage. The "2ndEd" package contains installers for the Series 60 2nd Edition devices like the Nokia 6600, 7610, and 6630. Inside the ZIP file you'll find the Python installer (SIS), a PyRepl installer (SIS), Python debugger libraries (.py), documentation, and example code.

If you would like to add Python support to your SDK development environment, you'll need one of the SDK packages, like "PythonForSeries60_SDK_1_2.zip" and an existing, working SDK installation. These ZIP files also contain the installers and documentation.

Re: Python for Series 60 released on Forum Nokia!

Originally posted by eriksmartt
    Python for Series 60 1.0 is now available for download on Forum Nokia under the Tools & SDK's section. The Python port has been tested on the Nokia N-Gage, 6600, 7610, and 6630, and platform SDK version 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, and 2nd Edition supporting Feature Pack 2.
    will it also run on the 9500 ?

Question here!

Can anyone tell me wat use of this python, coz after I installed it and still confusing the use of this SW! thanks for sharing the information!

Re: Question here!

Originally posted by Ewister
    Can anyone tell me wat use of this python, coz after I installed it and still confusing the use of this SW! thanks for sharing the information!
    check: http://www.python.org

the deference of Basic Console Application (Exe) and Open C/C++ on the Carbide C/C++?

Dear all,

I have some question about Carbide C/C++

1. What is the deference of Basic Console Application (Exe) and Open C/C++ on the Carbide C/C++?

2. How about are the manager memory or Basic Console Application (EXE) and Open C/C++?

3. I have a program. It can run on Basic Console Application (EXE) but I copy all class to Open C/C++. It is occurrence, when I run program on Open C/C++.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: the deference of Basic Console Application (Exe) and Open C/C++ on the Carbide C/

Quote Originally Posted by phanvantiep View Post
    Dear all,

I have some question about Carbide C/C++

1. What is the deference of Basic Console Application (Exe) and Open C/C++ on the Carbide C/C++?

2. How about are the manager memory or Basic Console Application (EXE) and Open C/C++?

3. I have a program. It can run on Basic Console Application (EXE) but I copy all class to Open C/C++. It is occurrence, when I run program on Open C/C++.
    hello pavantiep

you are asking the C++ question in a Python Dibo. Please post your questions in the symbian forums to get good replies.

Regards
    Gaba88