hi,

as the topic says - i cannot access the camera on a 6230 by j2me. my sourcecode works on the 6230 emulator and the wtk-emulator, but the 6230 emulator throws an exception (the wtk-emulator does not.):

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.sound.RealTimeSequencer
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.mma.media.player.MidiPlayer.doRealize(MidiPlayer.java)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.mma.media.player.TonePlayer.doRealize(TonePlayer.java)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.mma.media.player.BasicPlayer.realize(BasicPlayer.java)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.mma.media.MMAManager.init(MMAManager.java)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.mirrors.mma.media.MMAManager.createPlayer(MMAManager.java)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.gateway.e.a(e.java)
at com.nokia.phone.sdk.concept.gateway.e.run(e.java)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

But the cameramidlet works on the emulator even if it throws an exception. When i try the application on my real 6230 i get an blank form with the forms name but no form element showing the camera-video. My application works on the siemens s65 but it wont work on the nokia.

Even the Nokia example application refuses to work on the real 6230 - it shows an yellow screen saying "cannot create a datasource".

Can anybody help me please, i have no clue what to do.

thanks a lot in advance.

n3po