Discussion Board

Thread: 6630 bug?

Question 6630 bug?

Hi everyone, on the 2nd day of getting this phone, I had this encounter where I cannot press any number key at all out of a sudden. Once I press it, it will reboot and show the Nokia startup screen.. Then after a while, back to the main display again. Then I press the arrow up / down / center / right (left is ok) , will cause this same thing to happen.. So, since I cannot do a format using "*#7370" something like that, I format by pressing "Call Button" + " * " + " 3 " and power on.. After formatting done, everything is in good shape and up till now, NO PROBLEM AT ALL.. So I suspect it's the damn rubbish which my operator loaded into the phone caused this. I had tested installing many things, open many applications, making the phone work all the time and NOT a single reboot or hangs, NOTHING..

(The oni bug that I'd come across)
    This phone, can display the Caller's Name, Number and the call duration during a call... The call duration will get "mix" into the caller's number and hence cannot see clearly.. This only apply for incoming calls and the person that call you got to be in your phone address book.. (This is okie when I call out or when the incoming caller's number is not in my phone address book.. Anyway to solve this?

Screen Display

Anyone had the same encounter or other encounter?? Thanks..

Super Contributor
    I've never seen that kind of behaviour on the 6630 I have. If I were you, I'd take it back and ask for a new/replacement phone (or at least have the phone reflashed with a newer firmware version, in case that's the problem; and if it doesn't fix it, ask to have it fixed under warranty).

A group of us from Singapore had got the 6630 too and had encounter the same problem too,
    Even when I key in a number to call out, The first number I keyed in it reboots!!
    and I have sent it to Nokia twice and My friends are pretty frustrated about it too cos Nokia was unable to solve that problem still, I think Nokia is "Sleeping" I have brought the phone earlt this month and can you imagine the feeling of not being able to use it after paying so much for it?

Re: 6630 bug?

how can i reformat my nokia 6630?, , can anyone help me???

Super Contributor

Re: 6630 bug?