Discussion Board

Question Rapid Mobile Phone Chargers-Good Thing????

Does anyone have any info (or opinions) on these Rapid Mobile Phone Chareger kiosks. They are placed in public places like coffee shops etc.They are like a vending machine that you put your coin and your mobile phone into and they charge your phone from flat to full in 20 mins. Apparently they have been in Korea for several years (reportedly 15,000 units) and there have been no problems or issues. Anyone with experience of these good or bad I would like to hear from.

Regular Contributor
    unfortunately, i have not seen these or heard of these until you mentioned them here. They currently are not available in the US as far as I know.

One thing to keep in mind, is that it could be quite possible that these degrade/cut down the life of your battery. Rapid car chargers tend to cut down the battery life of your phone due to the fast charging application.

I think by charging your battery in 20 minutes, it could slowly degrade the overall storage capacity over time. But then again, it could just be that the battery degrades over time itself, so not sure.

I would prefer to just use a home charger, and only for emergencies use a car charger or rapid charger station.

Thanks for that. My initial reaction was similar to yours, a little causious about "rapid" charging. The manufacturer claims to have a patented technology that does no harm to battery life. Time will be the judge...although if your stuck without a charger and need it quick I suppose that these would do the trick.

Keep your eyes peeled for them, there is apparently several hundered rapid Chargers already in the US and Europe. Thanks again....

Still if anyone has experienced these things your input would be appreciated.