Discussion Board

Smile Forward lock via Bluetooth ???

Dear sir,

Greeings to all the forum mates ! A a big thanks to the Nokia Experts for there Experts advice for the users who often seem lost.

Coming to my query:-

I am using NCPT 2.x for Forward lock for my files i.e *.jpg *.gif *.mp3 *.3gp. After I Publish a particular file with forward lock... It creates a new file in the directory \DRM\ and the file is names the same as the original file but with the extension *.DM, and after that when I send that file to using my pcs bluetooth device to my Nokia 6230 Phone... It says "File Format Not Supported" This is because the file is in the extension *.DM (Which the phone is not able to recognise) As far as I know a *.DM (Forward-locked files) Cannot be sent to Phone via the Bluetooth.. It must be either sent thru WAP or by MMS, Now to pop-up my question..

1. Does the extension of the file changes when I download it via WAP/MMS ?

2. Do I have any Alternative wherein I can forward lock my content & send it via my PC's Bluetooth device or Via the DKU Data Cable ?

Your early revert in this regard will be highly appereciated,

Thanking you in anticipation,

Best Regards,

Too_Kool.

Forward-Lock via bluetooth

Hello,

I have the same problem and also question, when I am sending a DRM Forward-Lock via bluetooth on my Nokia 6230. Please let me now, when you get an answer of this question. Thank you.

Prince Harry I.

Super Contributor
    Hi guys,

As "Too_Kool" said forward-lock file cannot be sent to the device in any other way that WAP download or MMS.

1. File extension remains the same in WAP download and in MMS. The thing is that forward-lock file can only be identified through WAP or MMS. These are the only clients in the device that can do that and then deliver the content ot the drm engine, which is responsible of the content encryption.

2. See the above. Using separate delivery, you can send those files via Bluetooth as well. In this scenario you still need to get rights to use the content from the server.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Bypassing Wap/MMS to deliver protected content

Good day,

I am looking for a solution to bypass the 'normal' way to deliver protected content like ringtones, wallpapers, games etc. This is necessary because the network operator does not offer WAP at this point of time, but customers want to buy content.

I very much favour serparate delivery. But it looks like the problem still is to get the content to the handsets (not only Nokia, also Sony Ericsson, Panasonic etc.) as they won't accept the .dcf files.

Is there any solution to establish a 'kiosk system' to sell protected content to endusers and meet all necessary protection requirements?

All tools I saw are made for WAP or MMS. This is kind of frustrating when these ways can't be used.

Any reply that can point me to a solution is very much appreciated.

Thank you.