Discussion Board

Opening socket connection fails

Hi folks, I have a problem with connecting to my server using a nokia 6600. I use the following code to open a client socket connection:

void Connect(void)
    {
    TRequestStatus iStatus;
    RSocket iClientSocket;
    RSocketServ iSocketServ;
    TInetAddr iAddress;
    //User::LeaveIfError(iSocketServ.Connect());
    iSocketServ.Connect();
    CleanupClosePushL(iSocketServ);
    //User::LeaveIfError(iClientSocket.Open(iSocketServ, KAfInet, KSockStream,KProtocolInetTcp));
    iClientSocket.Open(iSocketServ, KAfInet, KSockStream,KProtocolInetTcp);
    CleanupClosePushL(iClientSocket);
    iAddress.SetPort(80);
    iAddress.SetAddress(INET_ADDR(217,xxx,xxx,xxx)); //Connect to my java server at home
    iClientSocket.Connect(iAddress, iStatus);
    CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy(2);

}

But my server(written in java) never tells me that my client trys to connect. Am I missing some basic things here?
    I checked, that my server is up and working and it should notify me of every attempt of a socket connection attempt

This is my first Symbian app, but except that socket connection everything works fine, I'm using C++Builder and SDK 1.2. The app compiles fine and it is running on the phone, after I call Connect() my application quits itself, which shouldn't matter, no?

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

The basic problem of your application according to my knowledge is that you have to install the ethernet plug-in intially in order to make these kind of applications work on emulator.

I suggest you to install SDK 2.1 which have the in-built ethernet support.

Cheers,
    Sunil