Discussion Board

"systemerror" when loading bitmaps

hi all!

again a question from a newie:

i extended an existing application with a simple piece of code to display a bitmap on the screen. it all works fine on the epoc emulator. i can create the sis file for the mobile device and install it - all without errors. but when i launch the application on my SX1, i get a "systemerror" ... no further information.

by commenting out pieces of my new code, i found out that the error occurs when i'm loading the bitmap:

#include "bitmapmethods.h"
    _LIT(KMBMFileName,"c:\\system\\apps\\myapp\\myappbitmaps.mbm");

iBitmap = NBitmapMethods::CreateBitmapL(KMBMFileName, EMbmMyappbitmapsMypicture);

the multibitmap file is at the correct location on the phone.

any ideas what's going wrong? i think it has sth to do with the location of the mbm file, the location of the application or memory usage ...

thx in advance
    mugi

Nokia Developer Expert
    not really sure would this work on SX1, but with nokia phones you could get the error note to show better description by following the instrations give here: http://www.newlc.com/article.php3?id_article=150

try it, and maybe the phone will tell a bit better reason for the crash.

yucca

hi yucca!

thx for the hint! it works on the SX1 ... now it says "systemerror (-12) which means "Unable to find the specified folder".

but i still can't imagine where my fault is.
    the .mbm file is generated correctly, packed correctly in the .sis file and installed correctly on the device (the .mbm file is in the same folder as the other application files).

any other ideas?

thx so far and greets!
    mugi

Nokia Developer Expert
    maybe it is not installed in C-drive. That would be the phone drive. The MMC is E-Drive. Basically you should determine the folder on runtime. One way to do it , is to get the application name from application class, and get the drive letter (also the path if you want) from the name string.

yucca

exactly that was the problem ... the application i have to work on has another name when installed on the device. so my paths were wrong

now i fixed it but i alwas have to change paths when i go from emulator to device.
    i think i'll try to implement your suggestion!

thx so far!
    mugi