Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

storing images in XML

Hi
    this is the problem regarding storing images in XML file..........how can i store images (.bmp or .gif) in a .xml file and in what format?........what is the datatype supported for that in symbian series 60.........

Thankx
    Amit Singh

Nokia Developer Moderator
    One way would be to load them into a buffer and encode the buffer with base64 and then just add the stuff between your XML tags.

yucca

Regular Contributor

Storing images in XML

Hi,

i have tried to convert the buffer data to Base64 but i am facing some problem in that, i.e. whenever i am converting those data to Base64 it is not converting my whole buffer value to Base64 value......its converting only first few values only......for ex :- i am taking a buffer of 100 bytes and storing some image binary data to that and then trying to convert that buffer of 100 byte to Base64 data.....then its converting only few bytes and not all 100 bytes...........

Regular Contributor

Storing images in XML

Hi,

how can i convert an image (.bmp or .jpg) file data to Base64. i am not able to convert that. Is there any code available for the same.

Thankx

Amit Singh

Super Contributor
    How are you doing it? Do you have you own Base64 encoder? Or are you using Symbian's imut.lib?

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

can u plz tell me wht r the steps in encoding and decoding the images and storing it in XML file by using imut.lib in series 60

Thankx in advance
    Amit
    Last edited by amitsingh18; 2005-02-14 at 14:08.

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

can u plz tell me wht r the steps in encoding and decoding the images and storing it in XML file by using imut.lib in series 60

Thankx in advance
    Amit

Super Contributor
    Actually, I'm using my own simple Base64 encoder/decoder so don't know if imut.lib has some problems with this. If I find some time this week (which is not too probable) I'll look into it. It seems that you are doing some very basic mistake somewhere. Sorry I wasn't too much help today..:-)

Regular Contributor
    Hi Sopta,

can u send me ur piece of code in which you have encoded/decoded buffered data in Base64 format.......bcoz i have to do the encoding and decoding of image (.bmp) file and store the Base64 converted data in xml file......

Thankx in advance

Amit