Discussion Board

Invitation To Multiple Users Using Sip

Hi,
    How do i invite multiple users using SIP. I can invite only 1 user at a time .. if the 3rd user sends the request then he gets an error tht " Invitation Declined" ... Can i able to join a sip session tht already started ????
    Thankx in advance,
    Ashu

Super Contributor
    Hardly. Without some server that handle this you can have just one-to-one sessions.

Hi,

Do you know if the "Invitation Declined" is produce by the SIP stack or SIP application/game?

luke

Hi Sopta,

Can I not have multiple dialogs speaking to multiple people ? As per my understanding, a connection is established with the SIP server (Proxy+Registrar) and then use this connection to have multiple dialogs -- each dialog will be with 1 user i.e. multiple dialogs mean multiple users.

Isn't this correct ?

Thanks,
    Tom

Hi,

Could anyone send multiple INVITE requests to different users ?

Does that work ?

Tom

CSIPSubscribeDialogAssoc

Hello,

I know you can have simultaneous Invite dialog and Subscribe dialog. We do not have requirement for multiple invite dialog but we DO have for multiple subscribe dialog and it does NOT seem to work.

The app requirement is to show presence status for several buddies. I create a separate instance of CSIPSubscribeDialogAssoc for each presentity I want to subscribe to and call SendSubscribeL(). The
    client is sent a NOTIFY for each SUBSCRIBE however the stack only reports the last NOTIFY sent by the server, ie for the
    last SUBSCRIBE sent by the client.

My theory on why only the last NOTIFY is reported to the app is that the stack is only aware of the last SUBSCRIBE it sent and so it reports the last NOTIFY received since
    the call-Ids match?

I'm either missing something or there is a bug in the stack. It would be pointless to implement single concurrent instance of CSIPSubcribeDialogAssoc.

Only single concurrent CSIPInviteDialogAssoc would be serious stack limitation as well.

Would be nice to be enlightened by Nokia person...

Thanks
    RE

Problem Solved!

The problem was behind the keyboard and in front of the screen

The stack does indeed support multiple concurrent CSIPSubscribeDialogAssoc objects.

Prior to sending each subscribe, I was checking for the existance of previous CSIPClientTransaction (which is returned by the SendSubscribeL method of CSIPSubscribeDialogAssoc ) and was deleting it to prevent memory leak... doh!

Since I was deleting the client Transaction the 200 OK for Subscribe was not reported by the stack and so neither was the corresponding NOTIFY... All works well now.

To prevent memory leak I add all the CSIPSubscribeDialogAssoc objects to an RPointerArray and all the CSIPClientTransaction objects to an RPointer array and call there ResetAndDestroy methods, and delete the arrays in class destructor...

RE

Re: Invitation To Multiple Users Using Sip

Can some please send a code snippet or a link to a example code for Subscribe ,Notify and PUBLISH methods..
    I am not able to find any decent code examples to do this ..even a good DFD diagram would do...
    Regards,
    Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerB View Post
    Can some please send a code snippet or a link to a example code for Subscribe ,Notify and PUBLISH methods..
    I am not able to find any decent code examples to do this ..even a good DFD diagram would do...
    Regards,
    Avenger
    Hi friend,

I have been given a project to implement publish and subcribe notify method using java and SIP.so if any one has code related to that please mail me to deepak_mast@yahoo.com .It's in my course curriculum and i am running out of time.I will be highly grateful to u.

with regards,
    Deepak Singh

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by deepak_singh View Post
    Hi friend,

I have been given a project to implement publish and subcribe notify method using java and SIP.so if any one has code related to that please mail me to deepak_mast@yahoo.com .It's in my course curriculum and i am running out of time.I will be highly grateful to u.

with regards,
    Deepak Singh
    This section of forum is for Symbian OS C++. You may ask question about java in following section.
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...isplay.php?f=3