Discussion Board

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Supporting for Asian words is also important.

Originally posted by ildg
    Supproting for Chinese, Japanese and Korean words is also very important.
    The UI already handles all text in Unicode, so this basically should work already. Is there a problem with these languages?

When I try to use Chinese characters, Error will occur.

Assume "xxx" is a string of Chinese characters.

1,If I run 'print u"xxx"' on my phone, it will print a string of disordered codes.

2,when I run 'print u"xxx"' from the bluetooth console, the phone wil give the following Error and will surely crash:
    UnicodeError:ASCII endoding error. ordinal not in range(128)

3, when I send sms messages from the bluetooth console using this line of code:
    messaging.sms_send('13435',u"xxx")
    My friend will also receive only disordered codes.

Super Contributor

Re: When I try to use Chinese characters, Error will occur.

Originally posted by ildg
    Assume "xxx" is a string of Chinese characters.

1,If I run 'print u"xxx"' on my phone, it will print a string of disordered codes.
    Run how? From a script file? What character encoding did you use in the script file?

2,when I run 'print u"xxx"' from the bluetooth console, the phone wil give the following Error and will surely crash:
    UnicodeError:ASCII endoding error. ordinal not in range(128)
    For the Bluetooth console you are quite right. It can't handle support non-ascii characters at the moment. Filed as bug #214.

3, when I send sms messages from the bluetooth console using this line of code:
    messaging.sms_send('13435',u"xxx")
    My friend will also receive only disordered codes.

Re: Re: When I try to use Chinese characters, Error will occur.

Originally posted by jplauril
    Run how? From a script file? What character encoding did you use in the script file?

For the Bluetooth console you are quite right. It can't handle support non-ascii characters at the moment. Filed as bug #214.
    yes, I run a script, the encoding of the script file is ANSI.

PNG Image to support transparency

In order to develop game, the game character image needs transparency color to lay on the background. We need RGB24 for PNG format.

Contacts DB

It is possible to have a py2sis that compile and link the contacts module. see this post for more info! http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/f...5562#post155562

GPRS Connection Name

Nice feature is the possibilities to remove the damn popup asking wich connection a user want to use to connect to the internet.

Maybe will necessary a call that set to default a connection (passing the name of that connection) and a call to unset that default connection.

Regular Contributor
    Reading and writing to the clipboard.

appuifw

if possible, power up this module with a new set of object, characteristic, properties... it will be the top for python. as m$ teach, gui and the first impact is one of the most important thing in a application! ^_^

Alarm support

(sorry for my English - my native language is Russian)

I really need alarm support.

Calendar module only provide interface to calendar events, but i need interface to Alarms.

May be exist thrid-party module to provide this feature?

Re: Feature wishlist

I would like an implementation of the form object which can be updated. For example it could be used very basicly to show the current time or the current cell(id) which you are connect to.

I would also like an implementation of a timer object or function, that can trigger a function after a certain ammount of time (seconds or milliseconds).

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by skunkah
    I would like an implementation of the form object which can be updated. For example it could be used very basicly to show the current time or the current cell(id) which you are connect to.

I would also like an implementation of a timer object or function, that can trigger a function after a certain ammount of time (seconds or milliseconds).
    So you want a Form where some fields can be updated in real time? Wish acknowledged.

There already _is_ a timer. See the function e32.ao_sleep.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jplauril
    There already _is_ a timer. See the function e32.ao_sleep.
    It would be nice to be able to cancel a running timer, for example by getting a handle from e32.ao_sleep() which could then be used in another function as a parameter, something like e32.ao_cancel(handle).

At least with version 1.0 of Python for Series 60, closing a program with active timers causes a KERN-EXEC 3 panic when exiting the interpreter.

Super Contributor

That's a valid concern. The handling of timers and active objects in general is suboptimal at present and needs some rethinking, since it's too easy to write code that looks like it could work, but fails due to subtle reasons.

It's not easy to resolve this in a way that would be easy on the programmer. PyS60 attempts to make the Active Object Framework look easy by hiding it behind locks, waits and callbacks, but the abstraction leaks in certain places.

SDK and/or py2sys ... for non windows plateforms

Hello there

An SDK that works on unix plateforms (including Mac OS and Linux) would be usefull.

For now us, free software developers (and any non windows dev), have very bad time to code python for series60.

Adressing any of the following problems, even partly, would help us a lot:

- we can't make sys files.
    - we don't have an emulator to test our code localy
    - we don't have a good way to transfer components to the standard lib (I mean, for instance, adding a standard python module).
    - thus installing new scripts is then very long (it implies re-creating the hierarchy, transfering the app file by file ...) ;

This lack of support is slowing the developpement process by a huge factor !

Thanks for your interest in developers feedback !