Discussion Board

9210 client communication error (5011)

I am testing my SyncML server with the RemoteSync client 1.01 over a dial-up Internet connection over HTTP. The client successfully completes the initialization phase and enters the "slow sync" synchronization phase. The client sends its data and the server responds back with the status as well as the data it owns. Immediately on receipt of the data from the server, the client disconnects with an error 5011(communication error). The "View log" shows additional information, which indicates that the client has apparently received and parsed the server data. For eg:
    a) If the Sync commands exchanged were empty (no data to be sync'd), the View log would show "No modifications done"
    b) If there has been a "Already exists" error from the server for a record, the log would show "Server error (418)"
    c) If one record has been sent by client, it would show up as "Client additions 1.....Server additions 0..."

The above error does not occur with my own SyncML client that uses the SyncML toolkit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: 9210 client communication error (5011)

I've exactly the same problem, sometimes the Nokia fail with an http error. With a proxy server configuration, this error always occur.

So I'm using now a wap connection and it seems to work better, at this time I've not encounter any communication error with this wap connection.