Discussion Board

Audio input streaming problem

Hello everyone,
    I am using the symbian series 60 v2.0 sdk and I am having trouble recording audio from the microphone using the CMdaAudioInputStream class.
    I do everything according to the documentation:
    I open the stream given it a setting struct,
    The open callback is successfull so after that I start recording.
    I use CMdaAudioInputStream::ReadL and call it 3 times with 3 different buffers.
    The recording starts and I see that the buffer copied callback comes back all right and the recording is going good.
    The Problem I have is that when I use CMdaAudioInputStream::Stop() to stop the recording I don't get the callback that the recording completed (MaiscRecordComplete), I get 3 MaiscBufferCopied callbacks with KErrAborted, but no call back that the record it self was completed.

So to know when the recording finished i wait for the 3 buffers to comeback with KErrAborted, But then on the emulator when my program exists I get a panic saying that something on the heap was not cleaned, after debugging it I saw that a part of the CMdaAudioInputStream class is not cleaned.

Can anyone please help me? Specially with understanding why MaiscRecordComplete is never called ? even though the documentation says it should?

Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Champion
    Hi,

MaiscRecordComplete() was never called, when I tested on emulator - SDK says that it should be paired with calling MaiscBufferCopied with -39 system wide code, but it doesnt work...
    Bye
    STeN

Thanks for the help

First thanks for the help,
    So you say it didn't work for you also,
    Did it work for you on a phone itself? like the 6600 ?

Did you use the same way as me to understand that the recording was done? And did you encounter the same cleanup problem when the program exited?

Nokia Developer Champion
    Hi,

----------------------------------------------------
    Did it work for you on a phone itself?
    a) yes it works on the device I test it many times.( Nokia 6630 ).
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And did you encounter the same cleanup problem when the program exited?
    b) thanx god cleanup bug was solved
    Did you use the same way as me to understand that the recording was done?
    c) Yes, when I have KErrAborted in aError parameter I stop the recording, because MaiscRecordComplete() is never called.
    Note: Everything works, but I am programming it now, so I havent all stuff 100% ready yet, so it is possible, that I will face some other problems, but now it seem to be clear.
    Bye
    STeN

Again Thanks a lot for the help,
    I have some more questions regarding what you told me:

First about a):
    ---
    Did it work for you on a phone itself?
    a) yes it works on the device I test it many times.( Nokia 6630 ).

Did you mean that you get the MaiscRecordComplete() callback
    Or that also on device you don't get the callback but the KErrAbort solution worked for you on the phone?

---

Second about the cleanup bug, what did you mean that it was fixed? After a lot of messing around I think that the
    CMdaAudioInputStream class has a leak of memory.

I have a program that only creates 100 instances of it and then deletes them without doing anything else, The memory usage of that program grows Huge!
    So it appears to me it is not cleaned well. Any idea about this issue?

maybe A nokia admin around to tell me if it is possible that there is a leak on this class on the nokia 6600 ?

Hello,
    I have the same problem as you both the callback MaiscRecordcomplete is never called, you seems to have resolved the problem, how did you do that???

Tnx in advance