Discussion Board

Phone models that support direct AT commands

Hi,

Can any one please let me know which Nokia phone models aupport direct AT commands so that a PC can communicate to it through COM port as it does with other standard modems ?

Thanks,
    Anurag

Regular Contributor

RE: Phone models that support direct AT commands

Anurag,

There is a document on www.forum.nokia.com on Nokia GSM Products AT command set.It is available under downloads section.

Regards,
    Ravi

Almost all Nokia Handphones support the GSM07.05 AT Commands. Your problem could be more of the physical layer. Most newer Nokia phones have only IR. If you intend to talk to one with a COM port, then you need a Serial/IR or a USB/IR converter.

I'm using a BAFO IrDA USB/IrDA converter. My SMS applications sees only a virtual COM port formed by the USB. The USB-IR layer is hidden from the user and therefore no fuss there.

Hi,

This is in reference to dabemal clarification posted on 05/13/02.

There are quite a number of mobile phones(e.g. 5110, 71xx, 62xx etc.) that you can have SMS messages sent back and forth through various software/hardware interfaces and thus control your app. based on SMS messages. The only thing that needs to be found out is whether the regular mobile phones can send it's coordinate and ID to locate itself(I guess !)

As far as type of mobile phone is concerned SMS thing can be achieved through a GSM mobile and I don't see any reason why CDMA and TDMA dvices won't provide a SMS interface to external apps. !

Thanks,
    Anurag

Anurag,

I am also looking for documentation for CDMA command set to dail-up via wired cable through Laptop, Pocket PC & Palm. Have you gotten the solution?

John Lim