Discussion Board

Thread: pickle module

Hybrid View

pickle module

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the pickle module to work? I run across this error when trying to unpickle objects:

File "E:\system\libs\pickle.py", line 985 in load_string
    self.append(rep.decode("string-escape"))

LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape

So basically, I think the base str object on the cell phones doesn't support this command? Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks!

You are probably using the pickle module from python 2.3
    Try the one from python 2.2 which is the current version of Python for Series 60.

Re: pickle module

use cerealize, man =) I don't actually remember the author, but this module exists in python modules pack for symb6-8.1 and megamodulepack for symb9higher. but also try native Py 2.2... and report =)

Hey guys,

I'm using a device with s60 3rd edition. I have pys60 1.4.5 installed on my device. I copied the pickle.py file from Python 2.2.3 to the e:\Python\lib. It works when I run my script from the script shell but it doesn't work when I create a stand-alone SIS. It seems to me that the interpreter for SIS files does not look in this directory. Does anyone know if that's the case and, if so, where should I put the pickle.py file so that SIS files pick it up?

Thanks in advance.

I solved my problem by creating a simplesis from pickle.py using ensymble. I then merged this with my original sis using the mergesis command.